Thank you for sharing your time and talent with our community! St. Francis screens all volunteers and follows the Diocese of Raleigh Guidelines for the Protection of Minors.
Guided by the Charter for the Protection of Children and Young People (USCCB, 2002), the Office of Child and Youth Protection sought to augment safeguards that had been in place since 1993 to ensure the safety of children in the Diocese of Raleigh.
The Diocesan Code of Professional Responsibility (1998) was re-written as the Code of Conduct for Church Personnel of the Diocese of Raleigh. All personnel, all who work and “represent the Church by virtue of office, designated position, employment or contract” share high expectations for conduct and respect for those entrusted to our care.
To learn more about the Diocese of Raleigh Office of Child and Youth Protection, please click here.
Details to remember about Safe Environment Training:
- St. Francis of Assisi screens ALL volunteers
- Safe Environment must be renewed after 5 years
- Certification is valid across all ministries of St. Francis, The Franciscan School and St. Francis Preschool
- Applications take approximately 1 week to process.
St. Francis of Assisi Behavioral Guidelines
Unsupervised interaction with youth.
Example: Retreat or Field Trip chaperone
- Recognizing and Reporting Child Abuse’ Safe Environment class is mandatory.
- 3 References from individuals who have seen you interact with children.
- Background check performed by the Diocese
Level C Renewal
Level C volunteers whose application is over 5 years old.
- Re-take the ‘Recognizing and Reporting Child Abuse’ Safe Environment class.
- Submit the above application to the parish and the Diocese will re-run the background check.
Recognizing and Reporting Child Abuse and Neglect.
Please click on a specific date below to register for classes at St. Francis of Assisi. If these classes don’t work for you, please click here to view additional classes within the Diocese of Raleigh.