The Franciscan School, part of the education ministry of St. Francis of Assisi, has the following positions available beginning in the 2019-2020 school year.
Bridges After School Program – Part-time positions
We are currently seeking candidates to work in our Bridges After School Program on a part time basis beginning in August. Candidates must have a strong desire to work with children, be at least 18 years old, and pass a background screening. Bridges staff work within the program hours of Monday through Friday from 2 to 6pm. If interested, please submit a cover letter and resume to Joey Bradshaw (firstname.lastname@example.org), Head of Bridges.
Community Center Facility Specialist
The Community Life area is not actively hiring. We always welcome those interested in part-time positions to submit their resume to be kept on file. We seek part-time employees to work evenings and weekends in 5-8 hours shifts. These staff members will oversee the safety and security of community life programs, activities, and events that strengthen the communal aspects of our parish, community, and neighborhood in light of our mission to be “one family living in community.” These people will work directly with the Coordinator of Community Programs to support the operation of the Assisi Community Center by ensuring a clean, safe, controlled environment in accordance with the Diocese of Raleigh and parish procedures and guidelines. Duties will include but are not limited to:
- Monitoring entrance and departure of visitors to maintain the security and safety of premises both visually and through security cameras.
- Circulating among visitors to preserve order and protect property.
- Answering telephone calls to take messages, answer questions, and provide support.
- Warning persons of code of conduct infractions or violations and dismisses violators from premises if necessary.
Each staff member will also have additional areas of responsibility within Community Center depending on skills such as:
- Assisting athletic leagues or community center programs.
- Interfacing with community organizations.
- Helping with parish-wide event planning and
- Supporting the business and health inspection aspects of the Assisi Café.
A high school diploma or equivalent is required and the applicant must possess, or be able to obtain, Red Cross or American Heart Association CPR Certification with First Aid training, Diocese of Raleigh Safe Child training, and the State Health Inspection ServSafe Training.
For a complete job description, questions, or to submit a resume, please email Ashley Watson. (Ashley.Watson@stfrancisraleigh.org).