- Preschool Teacher Assistant – Long Term Substitute - (25 hours)
- The Franciscan School
- Facility Maintenance Technician – Full Time
- Community Center Facility Specialist
Preschool Teacher Assistant – Long Term Substitute – (25 hours)
St. Francis Preschool is seeking an enthusiastic individual who is passionate about providing a faith filled education experience to the children enrolled in our 5 day, 2-year-old class. This is a temporary Long Term Substitute position working 25 hours per week through the end of the current school year.
This person will assist the lead teacher in creating a nurturing and exciting early educational experience for the children enrolled in the preschool while sharing in the responsibilities for the safety and physical well-being of the children at all times. The assistant teacher will engage the children in play and activities that are age and developmentally appropriate.
If interested in joining our wonderful preschool staff, please send resume and cover letter to Heidi Hobler at Heidi.firstname.lastname@example.org by February 8th.
No positions as this time.
Facility Maintenance Technician – Full Time
We have an immediate opening on our campus for a facility maintenance technician. This position is responsible for ensuring all areas of the campus are in good repair, maintaining a safe environment, and professional appearance of all campus buildings. This position supports the ministries of the parish to better serve our community by:
· Performing needed maintenance and repairs on all parish buildings, facilities and grounds, including painting, assisting in snow and ice removal, and minor janitorial projects, as needed
· Performing emergency maintenance to include pest control, plumbing repair, minor electrical repairs, and troubleshooting mechanical equipment
· Assisting in setting up and breakdown for events and parish activities
· Responding to fire, security and panic alarms
· Conducting periodic inspections on emergency equipment including fire alarms, emergency lights, AED’s, First Aid Kits, generators, etc.
The maintenance technician may work varying shifts, as needed. As scheduled or needed, the technician must be able to respond to campus emergencies including alarms and urgent maintenance matters while off-duty within an reasonable timeframe.
A 2-Year degree in facility management or a construction trade, or a minimum of 3 years experience in the aforementioned fields or in a general maintenance environment.
Interest and qualified candidates should send a cover letter with resume or DOR application to email@example.com by October 16th.
Community Center Facility Specialist
The Community Life area is not actively hiring. We always welcome those interested in part-time positions to submit their resume to be kept on file. We seek part-time employees to work evenings and weekends in 5-8 hours shifts. These staff members will oversee the safety and security of community life programs, activities, and events that strengthen the communal aspects of our parish, community, and neighborhood in light of our mission to be “one family living in community.” These people will work directly with the Coordinator of Community Programs to support the operation of the Assisi Community Center by ensuring a clean, safe, controlled environment in accordance with the Diocese of Raleigh and parish procedures and guidelines. Duties will include but are not limited to:
- Monitoring entrance and departure of visitors to maintain the security and safety of premises both visually and through security cameras.
- Circulating among visitors to preserve order and protect property.
- Answering telephone calls to take messages, answer questions, and provide support.
- Warning persons of code of conduct infractions or violations and dismisses violators from premises if necessary.
Each staff member will also have additional areas of responsibility within Community Center depending on skills such as:
- Assisting athletic leagues or community center programs.
- Interfacing with community organizations.
- Helping with parish-wide event planning and
- Supporting the business and health inspection aspects of the Assisi Café.
A high school diploma or equivalent is required and the applicant must possess, or be able to obtain, Red Cross or American Heart Association CPR Certification with First Aid training, Diocese of Raleigh Safe Child training, and the State Health Inspection ServSafe Training.
For a complete job description, questions, or to submit a resume, please email Ashley Watson. (Ashley.Watson@stfrancisraleigh.org).