“Have no anxiety at all, but in everything, by prayer and petition, with thanksgiving, make your requests known to God. Then the peace of God that surpasses all understanding will guard your hearts and minds in Christ Jesus.” Philippians 4:6-7
These are chaotic and uncertain times. Every day we get new and sometimes conflicting information about where we are in the life cycle of this pandemic and there are so many opinions about what steps we should take next.
But God has us in the palm of His hand and He is hoping that we will turn to Him and He will offer us His peace.
The links below may offer you a safe haven and some constructive ways to make the best of each day.
- Sometimes it helps to do something nice for someone else. Would you consider calling another parishioner, just to check in and see how they’re doing? Or could you write a card or send some of your kid’s artwork to someone who may be tired of being inside, but afraid to go outside? If so, click here to join our Caring Connections Team
- Always take some time each day take for yourself. You’re pretty important! https://www.medicalnewstoday.com/articles/how-to-look-after-your-mental-health-during-a-pandemic#Other-MNT-resources
- Sign up for this free 6-week Mindfulness course. What a great way to start your weekend!
- Check in with NAMI-Wake’s Stay Home, Stay Well Blog.
- We’re not always going to be wearing sweatpants, so use this time to start or maintain an exercise program. Summer is coming!
- If your career has been interrupted by COVID-19, or if you’d like to take some time to consider other jobs available in the area, check out these sites and opportunities
How do I plan three meals a day without running to the store for ‘extra’ ingredients?
Maybe this is a good time to try planning a weekly menu
The Job Connections Ministry invites you to a free Zoom meeting
A Weekly virtual group Coaching Call – led by Mike McGrail
When: May 11, 2020 04:00 PM
Register in advance for this meeting:
After registering, you will receive a confirmation email containing information about joining the meeting.