Make and deliver lunches to a low-income senior community in Durham.
- Time: 2 hours (Saturday 9:30 to 11:30 am)
- Gifts: Packing lunches, friendliness
- Ages: 2+ / Off campus
- Contact: Rich Zemonek
A community of new and experienced gardeners who grow organic vegetables for distribution to the hungry.
- Time: 1-2 hours, starting at 10 a.m. Saturday
- Gifts: Gardening, weeding, watering, planting, harvesting, light manual work
- Ages: All / On campus
- Contact: Pat Kelly, 919-413-8833
We collect food (4 times per year), clothing for migrant workers (June) and backpacks and school supplies (August).
- Time: 15 minutes to 2 hours
- Gifts: Sorting, light carrying
- Ages: 7+ / On campus
- Contact: Becky Cawley, 919-847-8205
Offer Communion Services or bring the Eucharist to people who can’t come to Mass.
- Time: Once a month
- Gifts: Reading, welcoming, EM training
- Ages: All can accompany/ Off campus
- Contact: Kathleen Owen, 919-847-8205
Prepare and serve a meal to families of sick children at Duke Children’s Hospital. Some volunteers contribute needed groceries. Others cook and serve a meal.
- Time: 5:30 to 7:00 pm for servers onsite, 3rd Wednesday monthly
- Gifts: Donating food, preparing food, serving food, hospitality
- Ages: 8+ / On campus (donations) and off campus (serving)
- Contact: Julie Huckaby, 919-624-5065
Prepare and serve a meal to people in a low-income community in Southeast Raleigh. (On hiatus in May and June, 2014).
- Time: 1 to 4 pm, 3rd Sunday monthly
- Gifts: Serving food, preparing food, donating food, hospitality
- Ages: 10+ / Off campus
- Contact: Donna Mariani
Bring parishioners who can’t drive to Mass, usually picking them up from local health facilities such as Magnolia Glen.
- Time: Once a month to any Mass
- Gifts: Driving, welcoming
- Participants: Anyone with a valid driver’s license, proof of insurance and extra seat in their car!
- Contact: Stephanie Smith – 919-828-4972
We provide meals, hospitality, child care, lodging and transportation for families who are homeless by hosting them on campus for a week.
- Time: Typically 2 hours
- Gifts: Donating, cooking, serving food; driving; hospitality; playing
- Ages: All (with appropriate supervision) / On campus
- Contact: Ron Smith
Here’s a printable version of Family-Friendly Serving Opportunities.