Home School Faith Formation
We understand that all family schedules and situations are different and that some families may choose to homeschool their children/youth. We do offer this as an option. Participation in this program includes appropriate age level materials and open invitations to our “All Family” events.
Overview of the Home School Process
We have designed a home school program consisting of multiple opportunities to support families and guide them along their journey toward a deeper knowledge of God and their Catholic faith. We ask that you use this time of preparation to serve as a place to open your heart to a dialogue that is initiated by God. Passing on the gift of our Catholic faith is a continuation of your baptismal call to an active Christian life.
The steps in this journey include:
- Bringing the Gospel Home
- Reading and talking about the weekly Gospel helps parents engage their children with the Mass and deepen their appreciation of the richness of the faith life.
- Implementation of Lessons
- Home School families are encouraged to complete the content of their books within the traditional school year (start in September, finish in May).
- Families have the flexibility to implement the material in a way that is most meaningful and valuable to them (ex. Some families choose to complete the material in chronological order; Week 1, Chapter 1. Other families choose to teach a chapter that is relevant to what is currently happening in the life of the one of the children).
- Participation in the Catholic Community of St. Francis of Assisi Parish Life
- Children and at least one of their parents will have an opportunity to gather with our community to meet, get to know, serve, and love Christ in a variety of enrichment opportunities.
- Attend Mass Weekly
- Mass is the source and summit of our faith.
- Bringing the Gospel Home
All Family Events
The Formation Team will offer “All Family Events” and other special events that will help build upon the teachings presented each week or in the home school books and foster opportunities for families to grow in faith together. These gatherings will help to make our children/youth feel “at home” at St. Francis, a place where they can have fun and be themselves, while knowing that they are valued and loved! Below are a list of 2020-2021 All Family Events.
September 13, 2020 – Kick-off Event
October 4, 2020- FrancisFest
November 22, 2020 – Discovering Advent
December 20, 2020 – Christmas Service Event
January 31, 2021 – Winter Family Social & Youth Ministry Social
February 7, 2021 – All Family Service Day
March 28, 2021 – Discovering Holy Week
June 6, 2021 – Year End Celebration