Family Promise/Wake Interfaith Hospitality Network (WIHN)
St. Francis is one of 35 local churches that partners with Family Promise/ Wake Hospitality Network (WIHN) to provide lodging, meals and childcare on a rotating basis to homeless families in our area. Our mission is to help homeless families achieve independent living by providing lodging, meals, and childcare in times of transition and need.
Three times a year we host homeless families for one week here on our parish campus.
The families stay in Clare Hall and we provide meals, hospitality, child care, lodging and transportation.
2018 Dates/weeks – Christmas, Easter and the 4th of July
There are many ways volunteers can help:
- Bring and/or serve hot, nutritious meals for one or more nights.
- Provide childcare for small children during the evening. Bring your children to play!
- Be an overnight host to offer hospitality and maintain safety.
- Drive the van to pick up the families from the Family Promise day center before dinner
or return them to the Family Promise day center in the morning.
- Wash laundry at the end of the week.
It is a privilege to open our doors and our hearts to families in need.