Family Promise/Wake Interfaith Hospitality Network (WIHN)
St. Francis is one of 35 local churches that partners with Family Promise/ Wake Hospitality Network (WIHN) to provide lodging, meals and childcare on a rotating basis to homeless families in our area. Our mission is to help homeless families achieve independent living by providing lodging, meals, and childcare in times of transition and need.
Three times a year homeless families come and find a home for one week on the St. Francis parish campus.
The families stay in Clare Hall. There are many ways volunteers can help:
- Bring and/or serve hot, nutritious meals for one or more nights.
- Provide childcare for small children during the evening. Bring your children to play!
- Be an overnight host to offer hospitality and maintain safety.
- Drive the van to pick up the families from the Family Promise day center before dinner or return them to the Family Promise day center in the morning.
- Wash laundry at the end of the week.
It is a privilege to open our doors and our hearts to families in need.
Contact: Ron Smith, email@example.com to help
- Time Commitment: One hour to a few hours, depending on task.
- Gifts: Providing food, cooking, serving food, hospitality, driving, playing with children