Faith Formation Ministry 6-12
Cross Train (grades 6-8) and Cross Road (grades 9-12) are small group-based faith formation program for our middle school and high school youth, centered on the Mass, offering food and fellowship, in a fun, social setting and safe environment! At St. Francis of Assisi Family Formation, we have many different opportunities to serve. Our Sunday Cross Train and Cross Road sessions meet twice a month during the traditional academic year. Because Mass is the source and summit of our faith, Cross Train/Cross Road are scheduled after the 5:30pm Mass. Our middle and high school programs rely on volunteers to help make our programs a success. You don’t have to know everything about Catholicism. Every person is important and necessary to making the program run.
CORE Team members are permanent volunteers who attend most Cross Train/Cross Road sessions. CORE Team opportunities for Cross Train/Road include Small Group Leaders, Adult Presence Coordinators and Hospitality Coordinators.
Cross Train/Cross Road CORE Team Member Descriptions:
Small Group Leaders: (Typically there will be 2 Small Group Leaders for each small group)
· Facilitate discussion within your small group
· Supervise, help keep the youth focused and engaged
· Lead group in an activity with the objective of connecting the Gospel/Catholic Teaching to their life
· Assist with the dismissal process until the youth in your group have been picked up
Adult Presence Coordinators: (typically there will be 2 AP Coordinators at each session)
· Sign in youth/children when they arrive
· Review with AP volunteers what their role is as it relates to providing our youth with a safe environment
· Direct adult presence volunteers to the various stations throughout the areas that we are using for small (or large) group meetings
· Ensure the emergency binder is there and in an accessible location and returned to the Coordinator for Family Formation at the end of the session
· At the end of the session, stay until all youth are picked up
Hospitality Coordinators: (typically there is 1 Hospitality Coordinator at a session, with 1 person as “back up”)
· Assist Community Center staff liaison in the kitchen with the preparation of dinner or snacks
· Direct the other hospitality volunteers
· Ensure the kitchen and eating areas are clean and tidy at the end of the session
Interested in being a Core Team member for Cross Train or Cross Road?
Please contact one of our Formation Coordinators:
Cross Train: Thomas.Bulick@stfrancisraleigh.org, 919-847-8205 x239
Cross Road: Alex Mancuso, Alex.Mancuso@stfrancisraleigh.org, 919-847-8205 x223
(All CORE positions require Level C Safe Environment Certification). Visit https://www.stfrancisraleigh.org/safe_environment/ to learn more.