Catholic Parish Outreach (CPO) is the largest food pantry in Wake County. Families or individuals in need can receive approximately one week’s worth of groceries, clothing (children’s up to size 6 and maternity clothes), and baby items. Clients can return every 30 days. Following a brief interview, the client receives the needed groceries and/or clothing.
Volunteer at CPO
Many St. Francis parishioners volunteer at CPO. Shifts are from 9:30 am–1:30 pm Monday-Saturday. Serve once a month, once a week, or more often if your schedule permits. Volunteer opportunities include greeting and interviewing clients, working in the warehouse, sorting food and packing orders; sorting and distributing clothing.
- Contact: Click here for more information on volunteering, or call 919-847-1466.
- Time Commitment: 4 hrs
- Gifts: Sorting, service, interviewing, hospitality, or light manual labor
- Family-friendly (ages 9 and up; children younger than 16 must be with a parent)
Volunteer for food drives
We have two food drives for CPO at St. Francis each year. Volunteers are needed to hand out grocery bags after Masses the weekend before the drive and to assist parishioners with loading the food truck. Our next CPO food collection is scheduled for Sept. 20-21 and 27-28, 2014.
- Contact: Jeanne Brzezinski, 919-848-5090
- Time Commitment: 15 minutes (handing out bags); 90 minutes (assisting at truck)
- Gifts: Service
- Family-friendly (school-aged children welcome with a parent)
Donate food or clothing (children’s up to size 6 and maternity) or baby items. We have collection bins located in Clare Hall, across from the Parish Operations office. Note: CPO does not accept car seats, toys, or adult clothing.
- Contact: Nora Detterline, 919-870-1356