Caring Casseroles is part of the Feed the Need Ministry at St. Francis of Assisi.
Caring Casseroles are freezer friendly dinners that volunteers provide.
These casseroles will be given to our Feed the Need families when a meal is needed.
The Feed the Need and Caring Casseroles refrigerator is now located in the Community Center
Please bring all meals to the center door at the Community Center which will be unlocked from 8am-5pm, Monday –Friday.
For more information about dropping off your Casseroles see below.
Caring Casseroles –
Who gets these dinners?
Families who have lost a loved one, families who have a new baby, families who are experiencing serious illness, families who have suffered tragedies, families who have severe financial situations and families who have had all of the above. It’s amazing the number of families in our parish who deal with several of these issues at a time. It isn’t easy, imagine after a day of waiting in the hospital for medical tests, or recovering from treatment, or recuperating from surgery or missing your life partner who’s deceased – after all the demands of the day, the parish offers them a nutritious, cooked meal. It’s a way we can walk with them on their journey.
If there’s a family you think could benefit from Caring Casseroles or Feed the Need,
Please contact Kathlen Owen at email@example.com or 919-847-8205, ext.241.
Making your Casseroles
Make a cooked casserole that we can freeze.
Please, DO NOT FREEZE THE CASSEROLE!
… Just refrigerate it!
Place your casserole in a disposable pan
or Ziploc freezer bag.
Dropping off your Casseroles
To reduce/distribute the foot traffic and try to keep people safe, we are now accepting casseroles every day according to the following schedule:
- If your last name begins with A-F, drop off on Mondays from 9-noon
- If your last name begins with G-K, drop off on Tuesdays from 9-noon
- If your last name begins with L-P, drop off on Wednesdays from 9-noon
- If your last name begins with Q-U, drop off on Thursdays from 9-noon
- If your last name begins with V-Z, drop off on Fridays from 9-noon
We’re especially needing meals with the following dietary restrictions:
- Meals with no salt or pepper
- Meals that feed 3 people with no pasta, turkey, nuts, corn, or green pepper
- Meals that feed 2 people with no chicken or pork
- Meals that feed 2 people that are ‘heart healthy’
- Meals that feed 4 people with no spice, pork, or avocado (no soups or stews
Where to drop off the Caring Casseroles
Place your (unfrozen, cooked) casserole in the Feed the Need refrigerator located in the Community Center.
Please bring all meals to the center door (Cupertino Room) at the Community Center which will be unlocked from 8 am – 5 pm, Monday –Friday.
Please attach a information label to your Caring Casserole – (Click here) for a the Feed the Need Casserole label.