Advent Giving Tree
Over the course of Advent, parishioners take ornaments from the Giving Trees that express the need of a particular ministry. These gifts are then returned to the parish, picked up by ministry leaders of multiple Justice and Peace ministries, and distributed to those most in need in our community. Through this annual Giving Tree, we are feeding the hungry, providing clothes to the needy, offering prayers of solidarity, and providing hospitality. Ultimately, we are helping this Christmas season be a season of joy and gratitude for all.
Thanks to everyone who helped support the 2021 Advent Giving Tree!!
This year the Advent Giving Tree will be both Virtual and in Person!
1. Make a financial donation to the Advent Giving Tree through the Faith Direct thru link below (all monies donated will be used to supplement whatever gifts or gift cards aren’t donated and will be noted in your Financial Summary at the end of the year)
2. Choose a gift card need off our Gift Card Sign Up Genius (see link below) and return the Gift Card to St. Francis. Gift Cards can be dropped in the drop box (on the exterior of the Community Center Building next to the Cupertino Door) OR in the Main Church building in the Welcome Center/Receptionist Desk (in the gold slot) until December 12th.
3. Choose a gift need off our gift Sign-Up-Genius (see webpage above) Or from the trees in the Stewardship Center.
Return UNWRAPPED Gift to:
- Community Center Lobby: Monday-Friday from 8am-2:30pm staring November 30th-December 10th.
- In the Stewardship Center: Before or after Mass on the weekends and during the week from November 30th-December 12th.
All Gifts for Hispanic Family Center are due back to the church by Sunday, December 5th.
ALL Gifts for Passage Home are due back to the church by Wednesday, December 8th.
Community organizations whose families are included on our virtual tree this year include Catholic Parish Outreach, Duke Children’s Hospital, Birth Choice, Helen Wright Center, Hispanic Family Center, Emily K Center, Our Lady of the Rosary Parish, Passage Home, Ronald McDonald House in Durham, Helene Foundation, and St. Francis Inn in Philadelphia. Parish ministries that benefit include: Support Circle families, Prayer Shawl, Feed the Need, St. Francis Brown Bag Ministry, Oak City Cares and our St. Vincent de Paul Ministry.