Safe Environment Class Registration
Recognizing and Reporting Child Abuse and Neglect
2017 Class Dates at St. Francis
Please click on a specific date to register.
If you have any questions, please contact Trina Sugrue, 919-847-8205x245.
All ‘B’ and ‘C’ Level volunteers are required to take this class before volunteering.
- Attendance at a training class must occur prior to a background check being processed.
- The class is produced by Prevent Child Abuse North Carolina and the Diocese of Raleigh.
- Training and Safe Environment Level B and Level C status are valid for 5 years.
- Training is applicable across the Diocese.
Please note: Children are not permitted. If you are unable to attend one of the classes at St. Francis, you may take the training at another location within the Diocese. Please send a copy of your completed training certificate to St. Francis (Safe Environment office).
Safe Environment Application Forms
- St. Francis of Assisi screens ALL volunteers.
- Safe Environment certification must be renewed after 5 years.
- Certification is valid across all ministries of St. Francis, the Franciscan School, and St. Francis Preschool.
- Please read St. Francis’ Behaviorial Guidelines.
- You must read and comply with the Catholic Diocese of Raleigh Code of Conduct for Church Personnel (included in your application).
- Applications take approximately 1 week to process.
The following are the volunteer levels at St. Francis with links to application forms. Contact your ministry leader to understand what level you should be. Please complete the appropriate form and return it to the church. The reference forms should be completed by individuals have seen you interact with children. All paperwork is kept confidential. If you have any questions, please contact Trina Sugrue, 919-847-8205x245.
Thank you for sharing your time and talent with our church community!
Under the age of 18
Minor Volunteer Application
Remote/occasional contact with youth
Example: Office volunteer
No contact with youth
Example: Finance Council Member
Unsupervised interaction with youth.
Example: Retreat or Field Trip chaperone
Level C Application
- 3 References from individuals who have seen you interact with children.
- Background check performed by the Diocese.
- Recognizing and Reporting Child Abuse Safe Environment class is mandatory.
Level C volunteers whose application is over 5 years old.
Level C Renewal Application
- Submit the above application to the parish and the Diocese will re-run the background check.
- Re-take the Recognizing and Reporting Child Abuse Safe Environment class.