Safe Environment Application Forms
- St. Francis of Assisi screens ALL volunteers.
- Safe Environment certification must be renewed after 5 years.
- Certification is valid across all ministries of St. Francis, the Franciscan School, and St. Francis Preschool.
- Please read St. Francis’ Behaviorial Guidelines.
- You must read and comply with the Catholic Diocese of Raleigh Code of Conduct for Church Personnel (included in your application).
- Applications take approximately 1 week to process.
The following are the volunteer levels at St. Francis with links to application forms. Contact your ministry leader to understand what level you should be. Please complete the appropriate form and return it to the church. The reference forms should be completed by individuals have seen you interact with children. All paperwork is kept confidential. If you have any questions, please contact Trina Sugrue, 919-847-8205x245.
Thank you for sharing your time and talent with our church community!
Under the age of 18
Minor Volunteer Application
Remote/occasional contact with youth
Example: Office volunteer
No contact with youth
Example: Finance Council Member
Unsupervised interaction with youth.
Example: Retreat or Field Trip chaperone
Level C Application
- 3 References from individuals who have seen you interact with children.
- Background check performed by the Diocese.
- Recognizing and Reporting Child Abuse Safe Environment class is mandatory.