Our ministry hosts several parties a year for the outpatient children at Duke Children’s Hospital to provide joy and respite to both the children and their parents as they manage the sadness and drudgery of illness and doctors’ visits.
What We Do:
- Host regular theme parties (e.g. fall, Halloween, Valentine’s Day, Easter, etc.) for children in outpatient services and their siblings.
- Host two Christmas parties. Each child regardless of age gets a visit with Santa, a photo of this visit, a candy cane, cake and a small gift.
- The ministry also has a history of gathering school supplies for children who are tutored in Duke Children’s Hospital, fundraising for Ronald McDonald House, and of reaching out to local businesses and schools for their partnership.
How You Can Help:
- Work at daytime parties in the lobby of the Children’s Hospital. Must be 18 or older.
- Donate craft materials and/or party supplies.
- Create ideas for party activities and help with planning at weekend meetings.
- Help once or as often as you want.
For more information, contact Ginny Winckelmann at 919-848-8791 or firstname.lastname@example.org