Community Center Facility Specialist
The Community Life Ministries is not actively hiring but always welcome interest in part-time positions to hold resumes on file. We seek part-time employees to work evenings and weekends in 5-8 hours shifts. These staff members will oversee the safety and security of community life programs, activities, and events that strengthen the communal aspects of our parish, community, and neighborhood in light of our mission to be “one family living in community.” These people will work directly with the Coordinator of Community Life to support the operation of the Assisi Community Center by ensuring a clean, safe, controlled environment in accordance with the Diocese of Raleigh and parish procedures and guidelines. Duties will include but are not limited to:
- Monitoring entrance and departure of visitors to maintain the security and safety of premises both visually and through security cameras.
- Circulating among visitors to preserve order and protect property.
- Answering telephone calls to take messages, answer questions, and provide support.
- Warning persons of code of conduct infractions or violations and dismisses violators from premises if necessary.
Each staff member will also have additional areas of responsibility within Community Life depending on skills such as:
- Assisting athletic leagues or community center programs.
- Interfacing with community organizations.
- Helping with parish-wide event planning or support the operations of the Assisi Café.
A high school diploma or equivalent is required and the applicant must possess, or be able to obtain, Red Cross or American Heart Association CPR Certification with First Aid training, and Diocese of Raleigh Safe Child training. For a complete job description, questions, or to submit a resume, please email Tricia Henry. (firstname.lastname@example.org).
The Play and Pray Sunday morning ministry is currently accepting applications for a childcare provider position in our 1 and 2 year old rooms. Play and Pray is our faith formation nursery. The goal of Play and Pray is to partner with parents of young children to provide an opportunity for them to attend Mass as a couple, and for their children to begin to hear the stories of Jesus, and learn about our Catholic Traditions using language and activities that are age appropriate. Providers play with the children, sing songs and read Bible stories with them. A strong candidate will have experience working with young children, have a strong faith that they are excited to share with our toddlers and be willing to obtain Diocese of Raleigh Level C certification. The hours are from 9am-1pm Sunday mornings. If interested, please send a cover letter and resume to Tara.Moore@stfrancisraleigh.org