ABOUT ST. FRANCIS OF ASSISI PRESCHOOL
What's Unique about our Preschool?
- A 4-hour program for ages 3 & 4 year olds
- A 3-hour program for 2 year olds
- A program that has been accredited by the Diocese of Raleigh
- Weekly Music & Movement, Spanish and Science classes
- A Faith-enriched environment where young children begin their journey as Catholic Christians
- A structured Preschool scope and sequence curriculum which is based on the premise that children learn best through play
- An intimate children to teacher ratio that ranges between 6:1 (2 year old program), 8:1 (3 year old program) and 9:1 (4 year old program)
- An active parent group that provides school enrichment
- Fellowship and Faith Formation Opportunities
Recognizing that all men, women, and children are called to build God's kingdom on earth, the mission of The St. Francis of Assisi Preschool is to reach out to the least among us and to provide a faith enriched environment where the young children of St. Francis Parish can begin their life faith journey as young Catholic Christians. In striving to carry out this mission, the Center will endeavor to help parents become and remain involved with their child's spiritual, physical, social and intellectual development.
To support these areas, the Preschool's Objectives are:
- To provide age and developmental appropriate activities
- To create opportunities to Experience Catholic Tradition
- To foster the development of a beginning relationship with God
- To partner with parents as the "first teachers in faith"
As Christian Educators, the staff of St. Francis of Assisi Preschool will strive to guide each child to develop to his/her greatest potential. The program is committed to aid in the growth and development of the whole child by way of individual and group interaction. The curriculum will incorporate a variety of activities and materials designed to stimulate each child to grow spiritually, physically, socially, and intellectually. It is the intended effect that each child will become more aware of God and the world He gave us. We believe that faith shared with parents, teachers, and students is nourished by prayer and worship within the total life of the school and parish community. The Preschool will strive to cause the children to develop greater self-esteem and respect for others and their property while providing a place for each child to be a child, free to play and explore and imagine in the course of a child-oriented day.
To implement a Catholic education program that will guide each child in the integration of Gospel teachings, Catholic Christian Values, and real life. The program will challenge each child to develop to his/her potential.
Statement of Non-Discrimination:
The St. Francis of Assisi Preschool extends to potential students of any race, color, national or ethnic origin of familial status all the rights, privileges, programs and activities generally accorded or made available to the students of this school. The Preschool adheres to the policy of non-discrimination of the Diocese of Raleigh, North Carolina.